I absolutely love my 10 year old grandson, William. One minute he is a snuggly little bunny and the next he’s a world philosopher. Which means… buying gifts for him could be difficult. Luckily he’s pretty talkative, so I just needed to listen to make a pretty good list. So here it is, straight from a 10 year old’s mouth.
William has recently gotten super excited about using his skateboard, and he is ready to move up from his little beginner board. As a grandmother, I’m always concerned about safety, so it goes without saying that he must be decked out with complete safety equipment. This includes:
- a top-quality helmet
- wrist guards to support his wrists during falls
- knee pads and elbow pads
- closed-toe shoes that have soles that don’t slip
- goggles or shatterproof glasses
Advantages of this board
- Small enough to be easily carried around, even for a 10 year old
- High quality bamboo and maple deck that is strong and durable and has a grit finish to grip the feet
- Reliable and sturdy trucks made of cast aluminum. No plastic parts.
- Double kick tails that add fun and versatility. Mannies, ollies, flip tricks and general tick-tacking are all made possible because of these kick tails. Asymmetric front and back kick tails makes for a cool directional surf style design while maintaining the performance of a great skateboard. Asymmetric front and back kick tails makes for a cool directional surf style design while maintaining the performance of a great skateboard. OK, Grandmas, you know what all this means, right?
TOMY Screwball Scramble Games for Kids
Designed for 1 to 4 players, your 10-year-old can challenge himself or play with the whole family. This is an exciting game of skill and coordination. Kids love mazes!
Take it up a notch and double the fun with the addition of this game:
OK, this one is hard for me. After all, it’s a gun. My kids didn’t have them. But love them or hate them, they are a hit with kids. That would explain why it’s a bestseller, with comments like “tremendous range, highly accurate, farthest flying Nerf darts ever, up to 120 feet.” It is huge, it’s a blaster and the kids really love it. It’s Christmas so use your best judgment on this one. Oh, and you’d better buy one for Dad too. And extra darts. Just sayin.
Ninja Box (Choose Your Own Adventure)
I love these. Choose Your Own Adventure books are like readable video games. The reader starts out on a mission and is soon presented with a number of possible choices. Each decision creates branching plots that lead to more options as you try to decide the best ending. So creative. According to Amazon, “Choose Your Own Adventure is the 4th bestselling gamebook series for children of all time.” There are many other themes in addition to Ninja.
ThinkFun Domino Maze STEM Toy and Logic Game for Boys and Girls
This is a brain and logic game…so I automatically like it.
LEGO Speed Champions Lamborghini Urus ST-X and Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO 76899 Building Kit, New 2020
A perfect Lego building set for race car fans with a nice degree of challenge for a 10-year-old.
” Logical thinking, Hand-Eye Coordination, Problem Solving, Spatial Awareness, Kinetics, Creativity, Physics,” this is my kind of toy.
Legend 1:10 Scale RC Truck
Remote-controlled cars are not new, but wow, boys really love them. There is a new one on William’s list every year. The reason I might not want to get him yet another RC car is that they seem to break so fast. This one, however, is very rugged and can be repaired as well. It has almost 2500 5 star ratings on Amazon. Wow.
Good things about RC cars:
- Playing with RC cars can significantly develop and improve a child’s eye-hand development
- Remote control cars must be used outside. Outdoor time, away from their electronics, is a good thing
- Going outside to play with RC cars is a great way for families to spend time together
What is NOT on William’s Christmas list:
Clothing. Never, ever buy clothing for a boy for Christmas. Ask me how I know. The poor guy will try to look appreciative, but it will be hard. Don’t put him through it. Of course, there may be an exceptional item he has been begging for, but otherwise, pass on clothing.
Other Cool Stuff:
I love Christmas shopping for the kids. Hopefully, I have given you a jumpstart for your 10-year-old. Happy shopping!
I participate in select affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you make a purchase through certain links on this site I may make a commission from that purchase. All opinions are my own, and all brands included are those I personally like and recommend. Thank you for your support!